We are delighted to confirm that Tata Steel Colors have been shortlisted in the Sustainable Manufacturer/Supplier of the Year category for the 2010 Sustainability Awards.
Organised by Building.co.uk in partnership with ARUP, the event is a highlight on the industry’s calendar and is widely regarded as Europe’s top sustainability awards ceremony.
The Sustainability Awards which will be held on Tuesday 30th November at the Royal College of Physicians, London – recognise and reward outstanding achievement in sustainability in the built environment and are a key benchmark for achieving best practice in the sector.
Tata Steel, which Corus now forms part of, manufactures Colorcoat® pre-finished steel products for the building envelope at our Shotton site. Here we have challenged ourselves to reduce CO2 emissions by 50% by 2012. Already we have reduced our carbon footprint by 26%, and more than halved our site waste to landfill.
We look at our products through their whole life including the role they can play in reducing buildings’ operational impacts. In 2009/10 we developed Colorcoat® products to reduce lighting requirements, support renewable technologies and facilitate water harvesting.
As a leader in metal roofing envelopes for nearly 50 years, we have made sustainability a key part of what we do, and how we work, to be part of the solution.
The complete list of categories and nominees (NB. Awaiting nominees) are as follows:
1. Sustainable Designer of the Year
2. Sustainable Contractor of the Year
3. Sustainable Consultant of the Year
4. Sustainable Housebuilder/Housing Provider of the Year
5. Sustainable Client/Developer of the Year
6. Sustainable Manufacturer/Supplier of the Year
7. Sustainable Refurbishment Project of the Year
8. Sustainable Project of the Year (under £10m)
9. Sustainable Project of the Year (over £10m)
10. Sustainable Innovation of the Year
11. Sustainability Champion of the Year
12. Sustainability Leader of the Year
About Tata Steel Europe:
Tata Steel Europe (formerly Corus) is Europe’s second largest steel producer. With main steelmaking operations in the UK and the Netherlands, the company supplies steel and related services to the construction, automotive, packaging, material handling and other demanding markets worldwide. It is a subsidiary of Tata Steel, one of the world’s top ten steel producers. The combined Group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million tonnes and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents.
Tata Steel Europe,
+44 (0)207 717 4532,