All car owners have encountered some sort of “issue” (if not many) within the time of owning a vehicle. Common issues can be anything from a flat tire on the road to a dead battery and unfortunately, these issues typically only surface when time is a factor. It can help tremendously to be prepared, and by giving your vehicle a regular car service you can save yourself a lot of unnecessary worry and money.
How Can You Ensure Your Safety?
Often nothing serious, these small problems can bring on a great headache if you’re unfamiliar with the situation or how to fix it. Let’s take a look at what is involved in a car service and see what counter measures you could take:
- A common (and highly recommended) car “check-up” can be checking the condition of your tyres. Take note of the general “shape” of the tyre (be sure to not confuse what you see with what may be a flat tyre). When a tyre begins to distort drastically, it’s very wise to look in to replacements, as a blowout while driving could be incredibly dangerous and can save you from unnecessary car service costs.
- Also check the surface of tyres frequently for any sort of visible tears or bruises. Also be sure to check for debris like glass or nails. Nails or screws can sit inside a tyre for days or weeks before it causes problems. It’s best to head these off before they become an issue.
- Carrying a spare tyre in or on your vehicle is one of the wisest choices a vehicle-owner can make. This (combined with the jack) can ensure that no vehicle-owner is stuck stranded anywhere because of a lack of tyre. Purchasing a new set of tyres is a difficult/tedious process, and comes at a hefty price.
- Carrying flares in your vehicle is a great idea, and can drastically increase your safety if an issue were to arise while you’re on the road (which disables your vehicle). Flares placed on the road offer drivers a very noticeable sign that “something is wrong”, letting the driver know they must move out of the way or be alert. Without this, an idle vehicle in the road could be stuck; opting for more car service then was needed before.
- A necessity when traveling in unfamiliar areas, having a map available can allow drivers to find their way around without the need for asking strangers for directions or keeping makeshift notes on how to reach your destination.
- Possibly the most crucial aspect of insuring safe travels in your vehicle, having a working cell phone available can allow you to call for the appropriate help or car service without putting anyone or anything in danger.
By following these easy tips, you can ensure the safety of your personal belongings and traveling companions.
If you want to have a full car service just to check that everything is in working order, contact Auto Care UK today.
Group Auto Union UK & Ireland Ltd
Roydsdale House, Roydsdale Way,
Euroway Trading Estate
Zip: BD4 6SE
Tel: +44 (0)1274 654600
Fax: +44 (0)1274 654610